We are Byrnes & Kiefer Company; hiding in plain sight!
A little about us…
Boasting Pittsburgh pride, all the way back from 1902! In our current 60,000-square-foot facility, product development and operation spur ongoing growth.
Come mix it up with a progressive production team as a MIXER MACHINE OPERATOR in Callery, PA! Our state-of-the-art production and baking facility is ready to add outstanding employees as our secret ingredient.
What’s our recipe for employee success?
- Eye for detail when making our mixes;
- Effective communication, with a diverse population of co-workers and managers;
- Teamwork… The Production team works cooperatively to meet quotas and goals;
- Comfortable with heights of 30 ft. and using machinery… We use heavy machinery;
- Understanding… Sharing different viewpoints;
- Tic-toc… Time management; and
- Fragrance and Allergy Tolerance… We are cooking confectionary products.
Your day at a glance:
- It’s all laid out… Recognize and grab all ingredients to follow the recipe. Double-check they are correct;
- Start your engines!… Turn the mixing machines on and maintain the mixing machines during the shift. We make sure the mixes are consistent;
- Check recipe accuracy, adding all batch ingredients utilizing a scale; insuring ingredients, according to the recipe, are accurate while maintaining all required paperwork (like batch sheets, end shift report, ingredient lot tracking, etc.);
- Tape it and box it up;
- Clean up… Before and after shifts; and
- Follow Safety Guidelines at all times.
- Ability to read and speak English;
- Ability to stand consistently for an 8-hour shift; and
- Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of 50 lbs. consistently.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience with automated machinery;
- Go get them attitude; and
- Ability to work with and without reasonable accommodation.