We are Byrnes & Kiefer Company; hiding in plain sight!
A little about us…
Boasting Pittsburgh pride, all the way back from 1902! In our current 60,000-square-foot facility, product development and operation spur ongoing growth.
Come mix it up with a progressive production team as a SANITATION TECHNICIAN in Callery, PA! Our state-of-the-art production and baking facility is ready to add outstanding employees as our secret ingredient.
What’s our recipe for employee success?
- Eye for detail when cleaning the facility;
- Effective communication with a diverse population of co-workers and managers;
- Teamwork… The Production team works cooperatively to meet quotas and goals;
- Comfortable with working on an elevated platform… We use heavy machinery;
- Understanding… Sharing different viewpoints;
- Tic-toc… Time management; and
- Fragrance and Allergy Tolerance… We are cooking confectionery products.
Your day at a glance:
- Keep it clean… The facility and personal work area;
- Putting together a puzzle… Assemble and disassemble equipment to sanitize;
- Check the “To Do List”… Perform pre-operational checks on equipment;
- Protect at all cost… PPE must be worn at all necessary times;
- Write it out… Make sure to complete records on cleaning cycle times on charts, examining flow rates, assessing heat up temperature and sanitizing by chemical strengths;
- Food is our priority… Be and become more knowledgeable on food safety and pre-requisite programs;
- Clean up… Before and after shifts; and
- Follow Safety Guidelines at all times.
- Ability to read and speak English;
- Ability to stand consistently for an 8-hour shift; and
- Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of 35 lbs. consistently.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience with automated machinery;
- Go get them attitude; and
- Ability to work with and without reasonable accommodation.